Terms of Trading
1. Sapphire Packaging is herein referred to as the Company.
2. By ordering goods from the Company, the Buyer will be deemed to agree that the following conditions form part of any contract made in respect of the said goods.
3. All prices given are exclusive of VAT, and the Company reserves the right to change prices or products without notice. A small order charge of £30.00 will be made on orders with a value less than £75.00
4. Terms to accredited accounts customers are net, and payment is due by the 20th of the month following the month of delivery. Accounts that become overdue may result in suspension of supplies.
5. Retention of title and identification;
Any goods found in the customer’s possession of the same specification as those invoiced by the Company shall be deemed to be supplied by the Company, unless proved otherwise, the title to any such goods shall be deemed to be that of the Company up to the value of any outstanding invoices plus a 10% handling allowance. The Company is hereby given permission to enter the premises and recover such goods and shall issue a credit note for them. Specially printed goods shall be discounted to 20% of the invoiced price for the purpose of the above valuation.
6. All goods or services on overdue invoices will be subject to 10% surcharge if not paid within 7 days of the due date.
7. If for any reason the delivery of specially ordered goods is deferred or prevented by the Buyer, they shall be invoiced and become payable from that date.
8. The Company will replace or credit in full, goods returned within 30 days as faulty. Goods correctly supplied against an order will only be accepted for return for Credit if they are stock items and in resalable condition and a handling charge of 10% will be made.
9. Claims regarding short delivery or damage must be notified in writing to the Company within 3 days of delivery. A signature given for a number of parcels, or quantity of goods received will be considered as binding
10. Cancelations & Amendments.
In the absence of any agreement to the contrary between the Company and the Buyer, Estimates are given on the condition that not less than 3 months notice is given to terminate or amend the contract to manufacture monthly production, and not less than one month’s notice in the case of weekly productions
The Company cannot except cancellation if the goods are in the process of manufacture or in transit. The Company is entitled to recover from the Buyer any costs incurred for work done or materials purchased at the time of cancellation.
11. Dimensions stated are subject to standard trade tolerances. The Buyer is responsible to ensure goods ordered are suitable for any particular application. The Company will endeavour to supply goods within quoted delivery times, in so far as circumstances beyond the Company’s control permit. The Company will not be liable in any circumstances whatsoever for consequential loss or damage. Material thickness given is calculated on a + - 10% tolerance. Sizes given are subject to a + - 5% tolerance.
12. The seller will endeavour to supply the correct quantity ordered by the Buyer, but owing to the difficulties of manufacture quantities are subject to a margin of + - 10% tolerance, the differential to be charged for or deducted.
13. Limit of Liability. The Company shall not be liable for damage or injury caused by its goods or workmanship beyond replacement of the goods or work in verification of the Buyer’s complaint. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential loss caused by its failure or delay in supplying, servicing, or repairing goods, whether the loss arises from the actions or from the omissions of the Company, its Employees, Agents or Subcontractors. The Directors of the contracting Buyer agree they are and will be jointly and severally liable for the cost of the goods and/or services ordered and any consequential losses arising in that way including but not limited to damages and such Directors further jointly and severally guarantee to pay any amounts deemed to be due to the Company forthwith on demand personally.